Wednesday 7 September 2016

Gratitude Changes Everything




I became fascinated with this word, Gratitude, and so I took it upon myself to study it, and to find out why it is so important, and such a big deal for the world's greatest achievers.
So I picked up the dictionary and, Gratitude, according to the Merriam Webster Dictionary, is a "feeling of appreciation or thanks." It is the state or quality of being grateful or thankful.
So the question was asked, why do we have to be grateful? - why do we have to show any appreciation or be thankful for anything at all?

In my mind, I wanted to know why being grateful is such a big deal so that people always talk about it, to the extent that, one of the greatest books ever written, "The Science of Getting Rich" has gratitude as its longest chapter.
Quite a number of great texts i have read made me understand that, being grateful brings so much into one's life. There's so much we can do to turn our lives around through gratitude. The obvious question then is, how do we do that?

Gratitude, I discovered, is not just a word; it's a way of life. Therefore, the very fist step to start from, is to list the things we are grateful for. Day in day out, we desire one thing or another- good health, material possession, good relationship etc. Regardless of whatever it is that we desire, we must first and foremost be grateful for those things we already have. We must learn to develop an attitude of gratitude. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you. Because this singular act transpose our energy, which in turn transpose our thinking. And just as one of the greatest avatar said, "whatever we think about and thank about, we bring about."

Psychologists and quantum physicist say that our thoughts have frequencies and are magnetic. So as we think and thank about something on a consistent basis, those thoughts and feelings of gratitude are sent out into the universe and they magnetically attracts like thoughts and feelings that are on the same frequency. Eventually, just like the magnet, these things return to the source, you - the one who's emitting those thoughts and feelings of gratitude.

Wallace Wattles says and I quote, "if it is a new thought to you that gratitude brings your whole mind into closer harmony with the creative energies of the universe, consider it well, and you will see that it is true." Therefore, being grateful means everything.

Now, am an amateur when it comes to the Bible, but if you really are a student of the scripture, you will agree with me that, there's a biblical perspective to this effect. You will find in the book of Psalm for example that David demonstrated gratitude through his songs of praise. Because David was grateful for even the smallest thing that happened in his life,he was able to achieve even greater things. If you can be thankful to God for everything in your life, regardless of how small it is, God will lead you to even greater things.

I can testify that, having had this understanding, my life has really changed. Not that I have everything I want, but I have an incredible inner peace. I'm so much content with life. I don't worry anymore about things that I don't have, but instead I wake up every morning and I take a moment to appreciate everything that I have.
Guess what I realized, that anytime I express a feeling of gratitude to anyone - whether my dad, my mom, brothers, or anyone else for even the smallest thing, whenever I approach with a bigger situation, they are happy to help and they have always found a way to help.

My message to you is this, whenever you wake-up, take a moment and be grateful for everything in your life including your life itself. If you can be thankful to your wife or your husband for even the smallest thing, if you can be thankful for the job, regardless of what job it is, if  you can show gratitude, your life will be meaningful.

Let gratitude be your way of life and you will see that gratitude is not just the greatest virtue, but it is indeed the mother of all virtues that can change everything.
                                                                                                                                         

                                                                                                                                    Best Regards...
                                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                                                  Segbornya

No comments: