Sunday 25 September 2016

A Thirst For Love




Like an affection unfulfilled
You hold me in an elation, thrilled
And now
The consummation of that elation in your arms
Is all I wish from you.

In my heart of hearts
How I wish 
To splash you with my colours of life
In every mood to match my rhythm
That's all I need from you

If only you say yes
Then life can spring forth
From the fountainhead 
I'd pour my pearls of life 
Upon your path

My gossamer dreams are cast in glasses
As I ford my night in dark
fearful, lest my fantasies shatter
My hopes are inflamed
Yet I fear, lest some tempest

Put out my flame
As I wait for a lone yes to  turn on the spring of joy
In a culmination of my dreams
In the euphoria of your embrace
That's all I desire

The Moon over me in the skies
Where dense dark clouds hover
I wish this Moon is never overcast
A fervent solitary; a pacing heart
And not a moment's peace
Makes my story beautiful

Relentless is the desire
For an affection unfulfilled
Your provision of sufficient response
For the thirst of my love

No comments: