Sunday 22 January 2017

The Girl Next DoorDoor - Episode 2




Episode 2

Despite her concern about how nosey some maids are, Twumwaa has always trusted Abigail and treated her like an elder sister. She liked her the very first day Abigail was brought into the house by her mother, and since then they’ve been very close.

“Ma’am, you trust me enough to tell me if anything is the matter, right?”

“Come on Abie! How many times do I need to tell you to stop calling me ma’am, huh?” “It’s not me ooo. You know I’ve been doing this for a while now, I guess it’s part of me now. Besides, that’s the right thing to do.”

“Aarrhhhh Abie…And who told you that calling me ma’am is the right thing to do,” Twumwaa replied. “I’d really appreciate it if you could stop calling me ma’am.”

“Now, to your question, yes! You know I’d tell you if there was something bothering me. For now, I’m incredibly fine. There’s really nothing serious going on with me.” “Is that so?”  “Yes of course, Abie!” “Trust me, if something is wrong with me, you’ll be the first to know! Twumwaa assured her.

“Then who was at the other end of the phone with ma’am yesterday? And what does she mean by, things aren’t okay with you?” Abigail asked.

“Hmmm, Abie, I really don’t know what ma’am’s problem is ooo. She has been acting weird lately and it beats my imagination. Honestly, I have no idea who was on the other end of the phone, and I don’t know what she meant by thing aren’t okay with me,” Twumwaa replied in response.

For a while, Abigail mumbled to herself as she stood up to continue to clean the room. As she began to mop up the remaining part of the floor, she said to Twumwaa, “actually there’s something I had wanted to ask you since last week.”

“Really? and, why haven’t you? She asked. Abigail scratched the back of her head and said, I wasn’t sure if it was my place to ask.

“Seriously, you don’t need permission to ask me anything, okay. I’ve always told you, that you’re like a big sister to me.” Come here… sit down. “What is it that you wanted to ask me?” she asked her. “Last week I noticed you’ve cut your hair short, and I was quite surprised because I’ve never seen you do that and now that you are contemplating cutting it even shorter, I’m tempted to know why?” Perhaps, that’s what ma’am is worried about,” she said.

As they continued talking, Abigail heard a knock on the door.

“Shiiiiiii…did you hear that?” Abigail asked in a low toned voice. “Hear what? What are you talking about?” Twumwaa replied. “I thought I just heard someone knocked.”

Stay tuned for the next episode
Thank you.

read, comment, share

(xoxo)



No comments: